Worldspan XML Pro is the key, strategic messaging platform for travel companies wanting to interface their unique travel applications to the Travelport Worldspan by Travelport™ GDS. Customers with widely varying business models and connectivity needs are able to utilise the Internet to implement this low-cost, quick connection between the GDS and third-party applications, Internet booking engines (IBE), back-office systems and more. XML Pro is a sophisticated blend of Travelport Worldspan technology, eXtensible Markup Language (XML) and OpenTravel Alliance specifications. XML Pro is the leading global data exchange tool for building fully functional travel applications and establishing GDS direct connects via the Internet.
- XML Pro lowers your total GDS interface development, infrastructure and maintenance costs (Web Services).
- XML Pro helps you create superior e-Commerce opportunities, boost travel distribution and transaction processing capabilities, and expand travel revenue sources.
- XML Pro offers complete host functionality and is geared around a service-oriented architecture and Web Services, enabling efficient scaling of the product as enhancements are rolled out on the GDS.
- While XML Pro offers unlimited flexibility with the broadest range of content and industry leading functionality available, Travelport GDS continuously expands global content access and adds innovative functionality to meet the needs of growing distribution channels.
- The XML Pro online software development kit (SDK) helps your developers learn, customize and implement the best solutions for your travel applications.
- Well-refined implementation and support practices ensure you're up and running quickly.
- Development is further simplified through the use of Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and the latest data transfer standards for fast deployment of Web Services.
- Implementation can be done over an existing TCP/IP connection using https protocol - no dedicated circuits are required.
- Advanced data compression capabilities provide smaller messages, reduced bandwidth requirements and faster system response times.
- Encryption technologies boost end consumer confidence, minimizing security breaches and business liability in the process.